Friday, July 27, 2012

The original love/hate relationship...



This has to be one of the original love/hate relationships. Who among us does not love living close to nature and her many creatures. On the other side of this coin, any of us who have gardens and raise livestock are in a constant battle to keep our gardens and animals safe from them. This lovely mom and her two fawns were grazing two pastures over from our property this morning. She is beautiful, the sight of her twins was a true gift, now if they would stay out of my garden so I can feed my family, we will get along so much better. My rational side reminds me that we have chosen to live in their world, for this land was certainly theirs before it was ours. My homesteading side is really tired of losing hard work and food to them... sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment